Famous Rock-Bottom Pancakes
"The Rock really does like pancakes, and he eats plenty of them, usually very early in the morning (the carbs thing, you know). The fresh bananas make this recipe especially good. This is another main-event-level recipe that must be tried in the content and safety of your own home." -Jim Ross
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 bananas (optional)
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a seperate bowl, combine the egg, milk, and oil. Add this all at once to the flour mixture, stirring until blended, but still slightly lumpy.
3. For a standard-size pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or a heavy skittlet. For a dollar-sized pancake, use only about 1 tablespoon of batter.
4. Cook the pankcakes until golen brown, flipping then over when they a bubbly suface and slightly dry edges.
5. To make The Rock's favorite kind of pancakes, slice the bananas into 1/4-inch slices and place them in between the layers of the pancakes.
Makes about six 6 inch pancakes or 30 dollar-sized pancakes.
"The Rock eats his share of carbs in the form of macaroni at least five days a week, and almost always before 4PM. This recipe is 'Wrestlemania level' and keeps well in the fridge. Please try it, it's one of my all-time favorites. My friend Joe at the Central Deli in Darien, Connecticut, makes it every day." -Jim Ross
1 (1 pound) package elbow macaroni
1 carrot, shredded
3 stalks celery, chopped fine
1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Cook the pasta, strain it, and run cold water over it until cold. Cool in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cold pasta with the carrot, celery, and onion, mixing thoroughly. Add the mayonnaise and stir until well blended. Refrigerate before serving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
"These cookies are eyebrow-raisin', people-elbow-droppin' delicious! Strikes me as funny that there may be someamong us who think that by eating the Rock's favorite chocolate chip cookies, they will look like The Great One. That just don't work. I tried it. But these are 'Wrestlemania level' cookies....and best enjoyed with ice-cold milk." - Jim Ross
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups quick oatmeal, blended to a fine powder in a food processor or blender
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 8-ounce Hershey bar, grated
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or mixture)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts.
3. Roll the dough into 3/4 to 1 inch-wide balls and place them 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until browned to suit.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.